Monday, September 14, 2015

Art by Paul Hall of paulhallart

Some of my early paintings & drawings from the 1960's & 1970's & a song of mine about the highlands of Scotland where I once lived in a croft.



It was at Duckgarret in Blackfold just over the hills from Loch Ness.  It was there I really began to write poetry and songs.  It has a lot to do with the powerful and incessant wind which I found extremely comforting.



William of Orange drove the Scots into such highland refugees as Duckagaret, where many a family had to eek out a meagre existence until finally the great worldwide depression drove most to the big cities, principally Glasgow and London.



In the visual section, I've put up examples of my artwork, mostly my early stuff, when I actually had a chance to paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment