Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Yves Montand - "Les grands boulevards"

I lived this song.  That's exactly what I did: each day I walked Les Grands Boulevards du Paris with a metro map on which I had scrawled "J'ai besoin d'un Franc" in the blank space on the map which was the Bois du Boulogne.  Finally, In walked into Paul Boucher music store with a calico bag full of 100 one Franc coins and bought my first steel-stringed folk guitar which I used in the Metro to perform my songs I would write in cafes along line number nine: Port du Glingencourt.  And THAT was the beginning of my subsequent 2 trips around the world.  That's that in a nutshell.



Lots of people tried to explain to me that one Franc would not get me very far, so I began to carry a second map - a map of the world.  I would show it to those people and tell them that it doesn't have to - I'm already there  ...







No comments:

Post a Comment