Sunday, April 26, 2015

Time Passes Slowly -- By Bob Dylan (cover by Paul)

Cover of this Dylan classic by me, one of my favorites, I used to hear it covered by Judy Collins in one of her albums I had back in the '60's.  I do this cover with my classical guitar and Blues Band harmonica with vocals and solos.



lyrics:



Time passes slowly up here in the mountains

We sit beside bridges and walk beside fountains

Catch the wild fishes that float through the stream

Time passes slowly when you're lost in a dream



Once I had a sweetheart, she was fine and good-lookin'

We sat in her kitchen while her mama was cookin'

Stared out the window to the stars high above

Time passes slowly when you're searchin' for love



Ain't no reason to go in a wagon to town

Ain't no reason to go to the fair

Ain't no reason to go up, ain't no reason to go down

Ain't no reason to go anywhere



Time passes slowly up here in the daylight

We stare straight ahead and try so hard to stay right

Like the red rose of summer that blooms in the day

Time passes slowly and fades away



No comments:

Post a Comment