Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sleep in a Hollow Log - by Woody Guthrie (part 2). Cover by Paul Hall (p...





The car is like a hollow log in a way... Part 2 of this series of 2.



Lyrics from 2 Woody Guthrie songs, with slight improvisation from me (paulhallart):



Well, I'd rather drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow log --

Well, I'd rather drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow log --

Then be stuck in some old gossip hole, treated like a low-down dog.



Yes, I'd rather drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow log --

Well, I'd rather drink muddy water, or sleep in my voyage-car--

'cause I'm travelin' with my voice and I'm travlin' with my guitar.



I've roamed and rambled, and followed my footsteps,

through the sparkling sands of her diamond deserts.

And all around me a voice was saying,

"This World was made for you and me."



This World is your World, this World is my World

from the Cameroon Jungles to the Gobi Desert,

from the North Atlantic to the South Pacific,

This World was made for you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment